Skip to content
Consultancy and commissions, ongoing
- (2021-present) Commissioned by national charity Why me? Independent External Evaluator of Project Articulate.
- (2019-present) Commissioned by the UK Society of Authors. Theatre translation professional standards consulting.
- (2018) Commissioned by a freelance professional translator. Memsource cloud-based commercial translation management system and computer-assisted translation tool consulting.
Consultancy and commissions, to date
- (2021) Commissioned by the UK Society of Authors. Literary prize jury panellist: Premio Valle Inclán 2021.
- (2018) Commissioned by a freelance professional translator. Memsource computer-aided translation consulting.
- Member of the UK Society of Authors and UK Society of Authors Translators’ Association.
- Member of the Emerging Translators Network.
- Deputy Editor of the Journal of Specialised Translation Studies.
- Member of the Management Committee of Out of the Wings.
- (2017-2021) Elected member of the International Association for Translation and Intercultural Studies.
- Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Specialised Translation Studies.
- Memsource Certified User.
- Memsource cloud-based commercial translation management system and computer-assisted translation tool. Goldsmiths academic partnership lead.
- Institute of Translation and Interpreting. Goldsmiths programme membership lead.
- Association of Programmes in Translation and Interpreting Studies, UK and Ireland. Goldsmiths programme membership lead.
- European Forum for Restorative Justice. Goldsmiths translation work experience placement lead.
- Open Art Association. Goldsmiths translation work experience placement lead.
- The Pertinent Press. Goldsmiths translation work experience placement lead.
Refereeing (for publishers and journals)
- Athabasca Press. Publisher.
- Routledge. Publisher.
- Cambridge University Press. Publisher.
- Translation Studies. Journal.
- Target: International Journal of Translation Studies. Journal.
- Perspectives: Studies in Translation Theory and Practice. Journal.
- Copyeditor. G, G. M., and Romero-Fresco, P. (eds.) (Forthcoming) ‘Universalist, User-centred, and Proactive Approaches in Media Accessibility’, Journal of Specialised Translation, 39.
- Copyeditor. Mus, F., and Neelsen, S. (eds.) (2021) ‘Translation and Plurisemiotic Practices’, Journal of Specialised Translation, 35.
- (2019) Out of the Wings Festival conference. Worldmaking on Stage and the Work of Theatre Translation Beyond the Stage, King’s College London, 30 July.
- (2018) Out of the Wings Festival conference. One Day Forum for Theater Practitioners, King’s College London, 6 July.
- (2008) Global Peacebuilders Summit. For Practitioners Across the Globe. Europa Hotel, 6-7 May.
Doctoral theses examined
- (2021) Queen’s University Belfast. Lisha Xu, ‘Translating Peking Opera for the London Stage: Lady Precious Stream’.
- (2020) King’s College London. Alejandro Franco, ‘Theatre of Difference: The Global Dimension of Contemporary Chilean Theatre in the Twenty-First Century’.
- (2019) Middlesex University. Brooke Townsley, ‘Personae Non Gratae: Interpreters in Mediation’.
- (2019) Queen’s University Belfast. Jie Wang. ‘Translator Training and Translator Competence in China’.